Re: branching for 9.2devel

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: branching for 9.2devel
Дата
Re: branching for 9.2devel
Список pgsql-hackers

On 05/03/2011 09:53 PM, David Blewett wrote:
> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 9:51 PM, David Blewett<david@dawninglight.net>  wrote:
>> This seems like a pretty good idea, but maybe it'd be easiest to take
>> it a step further and add an "automatic pgindent-ified" patch is
>> created when a patch is added to the commitfest app?
> That should read: ... but maybe it'd be easiest to take it a step
> further and have an additional, automatically created patch file that
> is run through pgindent when a patch is added to the commitfest app.

You can't indent patches, only patched files. And that's the problem
with this happy scheme. For it to work at all sanely we'd need to keep
the committed code that the patch is to be applied against strictly
pgindent clean, presumably via some automated process such as a commit
hook. That's been suggested in the past, but hasn't met with universal
approval, IIRC.

cheers

andrew