Re: Press coverage for 9.1 Beta

От damien clochard
Тема Re: Press coverage for 9.1 Beta
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Le 03/05/2011 10:24, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 2:40 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> So far:
>>
>> http://www.cio.com.au/article/384968/open_source_postgresql_9_1_beta_released/
>>
>> http://lwn.net/Articles/440666/ (subscriber-only content)
>>
>> http://www.databasejournal.com/features/postgresql/article.php/3932351/PostgreSQL-91-Gets-Synchronous.htm
>
> I have to wonder why these mention PGXN given that at the moment it's
> just a download site, providing similar functionality to software
> catalog on www.postgresql.org.
>
> When there is a command line client available, then sure, it should be
> promoted, but until then it's a WIP (I would say vapourware, but I
> that seems unfair, as I know David certainly is working on it). We
> shouldn't be promoting features for which the primary feature isn't
> yet written in our major version release announcements imnsho.

A command line client written by Daniele Varrazzo is available here:
https://github.com/dvarrazzo/pgxnclient

You can install it by typing :
$ easy_install pgxnclient

More info on the blog :
http://blog.pgxn.org/post/5118152273/new-release-for-the-pgxn-client

--
damien clochard
dalibo.com | dalibo.org

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Press coverage for 9.1 Beta
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Press coverage for 9.1 Beta