Re: Bidirectional replication

От Sim Zacks
Тема Re: Bidirectional replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/03/2011 09:15 AM, tushar nehete wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there any way to do bidirectional replication for Postgresql Plus
> Advance Server 8.4.5?
>
> I tried SLONY-I but its master-slave asynchronous replication.
> Can we configure master-master replication by slony?
>

> Or is there any trusted tool to do it?
>

> Regards,
> Tushar
I have heard good things about Bucardo, though I haven't tried it myself
yet. I was warned that it would be risky to have 2 masters that have the
same tables modified in both because of issues such as delayed sync,
race conditions and other such goodies that may corrupt the meaning of
the data.

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Bidirectional replication
От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: Re: pervasiveness of surrogate (also called synthetic) keys