Re: SR standby hangs

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: SR standby hangs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 04/26/2011 04:45 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
>> Well, that's pretty interesting: refcount is only 1, and the
>> BM_PIN_COUNT_WAITER flag is not set.  AFAICS this *must* mean that the
>> buffer had been pinned and whoever had it (presumably bgwriter) did
>> UnpinBuffer().  So it appears that the signal just plain got lost :-(,
>> which suggests a kernel bug.  What platform is this on, again?
> BTW, could you confirm that the startup process's PID is 9111 as the
> bufhdr suggests?

postgres  9111  9105  0 Apr02 ?        00:37:38 postgres: startup
process   recovering 000000040000036D00000033

> Also, it'd be good to confirm that
> procglobal->startupProcPid and procglobal->startupProc point to the
> startup process.  I notice that ProcSendSignal will silently do nothing
> if it doesn't find the target process's PGPROC, which might have
> something to do with this ...

Not sure if I'm looking in the right spot, but this looks suspicious:

(gdb) p 'postmaster.c'::ProcGlobal->startupProcPid
$1 = 0
(gdb) p 'postmaster.c'::ProcGlobal->startupProc
$2 = (PGPROC *) 0x0

cheers

andrew