Re: "stored procedures"

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: "stored procedures"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
> Procedures unlike functions however can no longer rely that
> catalogs remain static visibility wise through execution for
> functions.
If you start from the perspective that stored procedures are in many
respects more like psql scripts than functions, this shouldn't be
too surprising.  If you have a psql script with multiple database
transactions, you know that other processes can change things
between transactions.  Same deal with SPs.
The whole raison d'être for SPs is that there are cases where people
need something *different* from functions.  While it would be *nice*
to leverage plpgsql syntax for a stored procedure language, if it
means we have to behave like a function, it's not worth it.
-Kevin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: wrong hint message for ALTER FOREIGN TABLE
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: branching for 9.2devel