Re: EOL for 8.2 (was Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers)

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: EOL for 8.2 (was Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 04/21/2011 05:17 PM, Greg Stark wrote:
> what version of Postgres was shipped in the last supported
> releases of major distributions? I think it was 8.1 in Ubuntu Hardy
> and 8.4 in Ubuntu Lucid so that's irrelevant. What about Redhat and
> Debian?

IIRC RedHat has a ten year EOL policy, so what they have shipped in old
releases should not really bind us. In any case, our EOL policy only
affects what formal releases we make. We can commit fixes to branches
past their EOL date, and IIRC Tom did this not long ago.

cheers

andrew