Re: BUG #5297: Add XATMI C API

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: BUG #5297: Add XATMI C API
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 21.04.2011 20:04, Michael Musgrove wrote:
> I am referring to the X/Open specification Distributed Transaction
> Processing: The XA Specification
> (pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009680699/toc.pdf). If postgresql
> provides a conforming Resource Manager switch then we can include
> postgresql work along with interactions with other Resource Managers
> (Oracle, DB2) in the same transaction. For example the equivalent
> support in Oracle that I am asking for is documented at
> http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/appdev.920/a96590/adga1_xa.htm

When I wrote the patch for the backend support, I was not able to find
any open source implementations of X/Open XA-compatible resource
managers or transaction managers, which makes it kind of hard to
implement the API correctly. There was plenty of JDBC XA
implementations, however, so I used that for testing.

If you can find something to test it with, it probably wouldn't be that
hard to write the library.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas