Re: Constraint exclusion can't process simple constant expressions?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Constraint exclusion can't process simple constant expressions?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Emphasis on "always".  If the result of the function, given the same
> argument values, can be different after a SET, then it doesn't qualify
> for immutability.  At least, that's my understanding.

Hmmmm.  But within the context of the query plan itself, the results of
that expression are going to be constant.  That is, for a given query
execution, it's always going to be the same comparison.

So this goes back to my original assertion that CE can't be fixed ...

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.