Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert,

> Absolutely.  And I am perfectly well aware that we have screwed this
> up from time to time.  But I also know that I have spent a very large
> amount of time over the last few years trying to improve things.  It
> would be nice to know whether that has had any impact.  If it hasn't,
> then half of what I have spent the last two years doing has been a
> waste of time.

That would take pretty significant research; it's not like we have a
database of idea/WIP submissions.  It's all e-mail.

Not that it wouldn't be worth doing, but it would be an entire day of
someone's time.

BTW, I do still believe that step 1 is tremendously expanding the "so
you want to submit a patch" documentation, and linking it in many places
so that newbies read it.  On my TODO list.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers
Сообщение: Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers