Re: pgAdmin III commit: Install adminpack on user request in frmStatus

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: pgAdmin III commit: Install adminpack on user request in frmStatus
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

Le 19/04/2011 10:40, Dave Page a écrit :
> [...]
> I've tweaked the wording on the message in this patch as I wasn't
> entirely happy with the phrasing,

Good idea.

> but whilst doing so I noticed there
> doesn't seem to be any error checking to handle the case where the
> extension cannot be installed (for example, because the user is using
> a hosting site which hasn't installed the contrib modules).

We first check if the extension is available (query on
pg_available_extensions). bUT I should probably add a check on the
CREATE EXTENSION query because it may fail (if you're not superuser for
example).

> There's also no way to permanently suppress the message box, which
> could become very annoying.

Yeah, I didn't think about it yesterday. That would be good to add.

> Final thought - we also have a guru hint about the admin pack
> (instrumentation.html). Shouldn't this patch touch the same places as
> that hint (as well as anywhere else it makes sense)?

I've been thinking about it. I was wondering if we should have a
specific hint for 8.1 till 9.0 and another one for 9.1.

And one other issue: we may be connected to another database than the
postgres one. I should probably check that too.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin III commit: Install adminpack on user request in frmStatus
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin III commit: Install adminpack on user request in frmStatus