Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 04/18/2011 01:46 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 04/17/2011 11:07 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>> BTW, another thing that should be in the try-try-again category is
>> seeing how close we could get to pgindent's results with GNU indent.
>> It seems clear to me that a process based on GNU indent would be a
>> lot easier for a lot of people.  We tried that once before, and couldn't
>> get close enough to want to consider switching, but maybe it just needs
>> a more determined effort and/or more recent versions of GNU indent.
>> (ISTR that we hit some things that seemed to be outright bugs in GNU
>> indent, but this was quite a few years ago.)
>
> That seems like a definite win possibility there.

If you're aware of any changes in GNU indent that would overcome the
previous issues, then by all means spend the time on it. If not, it
seems a bit like the definition of insanity ("repeating an experiment
with the expectation of a different result").

cheers

andrew