Re: [JDBC] JDBC connections to 9.1

От Mike Fowler
Тема Re: [JDBC] JDBC connections to 9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 18/04/11 17:12, Tom Lane wrote:
> Dave Cramer<pg@fastcrypt.com>  writes:
>> Well initially my concern was that people would have a challenge in
>> the case where they had to re-certify their application if we made
>> this change, however I realize they will have to do this anyway since
>> upgrading to 9.1 is what necessitates it.
> I don't see any backwards compatibility risk, if that's what you mean.
> Every backend release since 7.3 has treated client_encoding 'UTF8' and
> 'UNICODE' the same, and earlier releases didn't accept either one.
>
>             regards, tom lane

As there seems to be a consensus forming for fixing the JDBC driver,
I've taken the liberty do so at the risk of being shot down. The patch
is fairly straightforward, just changing UNICODE to UTF8 in a number of
files including the translation files. I've tested this against 9.1devel
(HEAD) and 8.4.7. For each database version I build and the tests
running JDKs 1.4.2_19, 1.5.0_22 and 1.6.0_2. All on 32-bit.

Regards,

--
Mike Fowler
Registered Linux user: 379787