Re: MMAP Buffers

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: MMAP Buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> * On the other side of the coin, I have seen many a patch that was
> written to minimize the length of the diff to the detriment of
> readability or maintainability of the resulting code, and that's *not*
> a good tradeoff.

Sure. that's possible.  But based on the reviews I've done, I'd say that
the fact someone is even aware that minimizing their diff is something
important to consider automatically puts them far ahead of the average
new submitter.  There are a high percentage of patches where the
submitter generates a diff and sents it without even looking at it.
That a person would look at their diff and go too far without trying to
make it small doesn't happen nearly as much.