Re: BUG #5982: recursive type crashes postgres

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: BUG #5982: recursive type crashes postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:

> Consider we also have to send data to the database.  I can
> recursively wrap up data in the client using libpqtypes, fire it
> to a receiving function which unnests it and processes it.  This
> is a couple of orders of magnitude faster than streaming it in
> over multiple queries.

I'll think on that.  I hadn't really considered creating an ORM in
the database engine itself, which seems to me to be what you're
describing, but I guess it couldn't be worse than having an ORM on
the other end of the wire.

Is that a hard sell to your application programmers, or do you wear
both hats?

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: BUG #5982: recursive type crashes postgres
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5982: recursive type crashes postgres