Re: BUG #5974: UNION construct type cast gives poor error message

От Mike Fowler
Тема Re: BUG #5974: UNION construct type cast gives poor error message
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 14/04/11 17:05, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> SELECT 1,null,null FROM DUAL
> UNION
> SELECT 2,3,null FROM DUAL
> UNION
> SELECT 3,null,4 FROM DUAL
Sadly I can't profess to knowing Oracle, however if I run the query as
suggested I get:

--------------------
1 | NULL   | NULL
--------------------
1 | <null> | <null>
2 | 3      | <null>
3 | <null> | 4

So to summarise, Oracle and PostgreSQL need minor tweaks to run cleanly
and SQLServer and MySQL do not. Given that the change for PostgreSQL is
so minor, I vote for changing the error message as Jeff suggests in the
interim to help users while the standards argument continues. Patch
attached.

Regards,

--
Mike Fowler
Registered Linux user: 379787

Вложения

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5974: UNION construct type cast gives poor error message
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5974: UNION construct type cast gives poor error message