Re: Proposal: syntax highlight in html manual

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Proposal: syntax highlight in html manual
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Daniele Varrazzo <daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com> wrote:

> - http://pgmp.projects.postgresql.org/highlight/psql.html
> - http://pgmp.projects.postgresql.org/highlight/postgres.html
>
> Is there any interest in applying highlighted syntax to the html
> rendering of the manual?

When using an editor I like some color highlighting, as long as I
can control the colors.  Documentation is very different, especially
since the user probably wouldn't have any control over the colors.
The examples in the links above are very hard for me to read, and
definitely *not* something I would want in the documentation.

There might be room to do something limited and subtle, like maybe
making comments a dark gray while other text is black or possibly
making computer-generated output very dark blue versus black for
user input.  It should be subtle enough not to draw attention to it,
but rather to give subtle cues.  If the display screams "HEY! LOOK
HERE!" about anything, it's just wrong.

Overall, I'm dubious about whether it would be worth the effort,
even if you can come up with a scheme which people like.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: syntax highlight in html manual
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: syntax highlight in html manual