Re: Locking when concurrent updated of foreign references

От Jesper Krogh
Тема Re: Locking when concurrent updated of foreign references
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2011-04-11 20:18, Jesper Krogh wrote:
> Hi.
>
> This seem a bit strange to me. In short:
Not any more I.. I guess what made me a bit confused was that
a "update table set key = value" would acually block out changes
on tables referencing this tuple even if the referenced column wasn't
effected by the update.

But when the locking is done "row-level" then it is correct
to do it that way. It would allthough be nice with a weaker
locklevel for that kind of updates (I have no clue if that is
a hard problem).

--
Jesper

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: fn_collation in FmgrInfo considered harmful
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: lowering privs in SECURITY DEFINER function