Online training for OpenRPT - xTuple's PostgreSQL report writer

От Ned Lilly
Тема Online training for OpenRPT - xTuple's PostgreSQL report writer
Дата
Список pgsql-announce
All,

If you've been looking for an open source GUI report writer/designer, or maybe you've already been experimenting with
OpenRPT,you're invited to join us for a two-day online class (six hours total), delivered remotely on April 18 and 19.

OpenRPT is available as a free-standing tool on Sourceforge, but it's also embedded in PostBooks, the free and open
sourceaccounting, CRM, and ERP system from xTuple.  The class will work with reports in both contexts.

You'll learn how to make cosmetic changes to reports, add fields to existing reports, create custom reports and much
more. Reports can be saved as free-standing XML files, or stored in the database (which is how our ERP does it).  The
classwill run in two three-hour sessions back-to-back later this month.

Join xTuple's Director of Product Training, Mike Atherton, for this unique remote training course which starts with a
reviewof SQL basics and concludes with the creation of a new ad hoc report using OpenRPT.

Here's what you can expect to learn:

* a good grounding in database usage with instruction on SQL and Meta SQL (xTuple's simple scripting tool for preparing
queries)
* an introduction to OpenRPT and how to make cosmetic changes to reports
* how to add new fields and other elements to existing xTuple reports
* the class concludes with a step by step demonstration of how to create a custom report in xTuple and deploy it
throughthe renderer with xTuple custom commands

Here are the dates and times:

* Session I - Monday April 18th, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm/est
* Session II - Tuesday April 19th, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm/est

Learn more about the course at http://www.xtuple.com/training/openrpt, or go ahead and sign-up today at
https://www.xtuple.com/xtorder/trsprpt.The cost of the class is just $375 - so that's 6 hours of training from the
comfortof your home or office, while space is available.

One mea culpa:  The class is offered via GotoMeeting, which is a pretty handy tool that runs great on Windows and Mac
...but as of yet, they don't seem to have a good Linux client.  We know, we know.  And this from the company that paid
$500MMfor Xen!  But anyway...

Hope to see you there!

Thanks,
Ned

--
Ned Lilly
President and CEO

В списке pgsql-announce по дате отправления: