Re: BUG #5967: Db maintainace

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: BUG #5967: Db maintainace
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 04/07/11 6:53 AM, Halli, Savita wrote:
> Yes, I am going through that. Its mentioned that some of the commands need to be run. My question is how frequently
weneed to run those commands(commands for db maintainance).

how frequently do you need to do file system maintenance?   or for that
matter, how often do you have to wash your car?       the answer, my
friends, is it depends on far too many factors for a generic answer.

with autovacumn in place and with your database reasonably well tuned to
your application requirements, there may be NO need for scheduled
regular maintenance, other than backups.

but, again, this would far better be discussed on the -general or -admin
email lists, not on -bugs.

От: "Halli, Savita"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5967: Db maintainace
От: Brendan Jurd
Сообщение: Re: Failed assert ((data - start) == data_size) in heaptuple.c