Re: Intel SSDs that may not suck

От David Boreham
Тема Re: Intel SSDs that may not suck
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 4/6/2011 9:19 PM, gnuoytr@rcn.com wrote:
> SSDs have been around for quite some time.  The first that I've found is Texas Memory.  Not quite 1977, but not flash
either,although they've been doing so for a couple of years.
Well, I built my first ram disk (which of course I thought I had
invented, at the time) in 1982.
But today we're seeing solid state storage seriously challenging
rotating media across all applications, except at the TB and beyond
scale. That's what's new.

Сообщение: Re: Intel SSDs that may not suck
От: Jesper Krogh
Сообщение: Re: Intel SSDs that may not suck