Re: pl/python tracebacks v2

От Jan Urbański
Тема Re: pl/python tracebacks v2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/04/11 21:38, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On mån, 2011-03-21 at 00:40 +0100, Jan Urbański wrote:
>> I finally got around to updating the PL/Python tracebacks patch. The
>> other day I was writing some very simple PL/Python code and the lack of
>> tracebacks is extremely annoying.
>
> I tweaked this a bit to make the patch less invasive, and then committed
> it. :)

Ouch, just today I found a flaw in this, namely that it assumes the
lineno from the traceback always refers to the PL/Python function. If
you create a PL/Python function that imports some code, runs it, and
that code raises an exception, PLy_traceback will get utterly confused.

Working on a fix...

Jan

PS: obviously it'd be great to have PL/Python traceback support in 9.1,
but I sure hope we'll get some testing in beta for issues like this...