Re: Reading from a REFCURSOR in a C language function

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Reading from a REFCURSOR in a C language function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/5/2011 3:24 AM, Vlad Arkhipov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to write a C language function that has a REFCURSOR argument.
> Could anyone please give me an example of reading from a cursor in C code?

Sorry, I don't have a code example.

A refcursor data type is basically a string, containing the name of an
open cursor (portal). It is stored binary compatible to the text data
type. In the C function, you extract that name (using the textout
function) and use it inside the FETCH query as the cursor name. You may
need to double-quote that string.

Jan