Re: PG 9.0.3. How to select rows from xml

От Mike Fowler
Тема Re: PG 9.0.3. How to select rows from xml
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 02/04/11 20:47, emanov wrote:
> Hi all!
> What i need is transform xml document to table like that:
> insert into tmp("Name", "Value")
> select t.Name, t.Value from myxml.Nodes("/doc/person") as
> t('Name:varchar|Value:int')
> or similar. In fact I have many rows with many columns.
>
> How I can do it with PG 9.0.3 where I can't find xpath_table?

Though deprecated, the xml2 contrib module with xpath_table is still
present. Installation instructions can be found on
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/contrib.html and the module is
documented at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/xml2.html.

Regards,

--