Re: Major features for 9.1

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Major features for 9.1
Дата
Re: Major features for 9.1
Список pgsql-advocacy
> Perhaps we can outline Major Features and Innovations separately. This
> release is notable for the number of genuinely new ideas implemented,
> so that's worth making something of even if the advanced features
> themselves need a little more explanation. Or Perhaps have
> "Innovations" as a major feature and then a comma list of the names of
> them.

Yeah, that sounds like the way to go.

So for Innovations, we'd have SSI, SE/Postgres, KNN-GiST, and wCTE, no?
 Or does someone else have wCTEs?  I vaguely remember something about
SQL Server ...

There's also another obvious grouping: Extensibility.  This would
include both Extensions and SQL/MED.

So we could have:

Features
    Sync Rep
    Per-col collation
    Unlogged tables

Innovations
    SSI
    KNN-GiST
    SE/Postgres
    wCTE

Extensibility
    Extensions
    SQL/MED

I like that, it means we can list everything but without having a long
laundry list which nobody will read.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.