Re: 9.1 Beta

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: 9.1 Beta
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 03/25/2011 06:18 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> Judging by the number of new threads about development for 9.2, I
> think its time we declared 9.1 Beta. I just had a conversation with
> some Debian developers about how PostgreSQL 9.0 got pulled out of
> their release because we delayed by 3 weeks. So we missed our slot to
> deliver useful new features to our very best supporters by 2 years. I
> really hope that was deliberate.

ISTR Debian on at least on occasion not including a version of Postgres
that had been fully released quite some time before their release. We're
always going to be missing someone's timeline, not matter what timeline
we adopt, anyway.

So colour me unimpressed by this whole line of argument.

cheers

andrew