Re: How do I configure pgAdmin to ask for username when connecting to a server?

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: How do I configure pgAdmin to ask for username when connecting to a server?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Le 22/03/2011 18:00, Roger Demetrescu a écrit :
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 11:45, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Roger Demetrescu
>> <roger.demetrescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> So, we could have one or more of the following possibilites:
>>>

>>> 1 - Allow blank username in server configuration. Whem emptied, the
>>> username would be filled while connecting at at server.
>>>
>>> 2 - User the owner rule of a database to connect to it.
>>>
>>>    (2a) Maybe a server configuration should exist to turn off this feature
>>>    (2b) Allow to connect to a database using a different role (when
>>> the owner rule is not desired)
>>
>> Well, 2b is what I suggested.
>
> Yep... I was just summarizing the ideias from this thread...   :)

We need at least 1, and 2b. Should be quite simple patches.

>>> Whom should I talk to suggest those features in a future pgAdmin version ?
>>
>>  The guys you're already talking to.
>
> Cool...
>
> Thanks Dave and Guillaume,

Nothing's been done yet :)

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com

От: Roger Demetrescu
Сообщение: Re: How do I configure pgAdmin to ask for username when connecting to a server?
Сообщение: Re: How do I configure pgAdmin to ask for username when connecting to a server?