Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication.

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication.
Дата
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication.  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com> wrote:
> In PostgreSQL other users cannot observe the commit until an
> acknowledgement has been received.
Really?  I hadn't picked up on that.  That makes for a lot of
complication on crash-and-recovery of a master, but if we can pull
it off, that's really cool.  If we do that and MySQL doesn't, we
definitely don't want to use the same terminology they do, which
would imply the same behavior.
Apologies for not picking up on that aspect of the implementation.
-Kevin

От: hom
Сообщение: Re: I am confused after reading codes of PostgreSQL three week
От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication.