Re: Fastest pq_restore?

От Andy Colson
Тема Re: Fastest pq_restore?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 03/17/2011 09:25 AM, Michael Andreasen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been looking around for information on doing a pg_restore as fast as possible. It is for a backup machine so I
amnot interested in anything like crash recovery or anything else that would impact speed of load. I just want to go
fromno database to database there as fast as possible. The server is for postgresql only and this is the only database,
spboth system at postgres can be set however is required for the fast load.

> Currently I am using a twin processor box with 2GB of memory and raid 5 disk.
>
> I start postgres before my load with these settings, which have been suggested.
>

> shared_buffers = 496MB
> maintenance_work_mem = 160MB
> checkpoint_segments = 30
> autovacuum = false
> full_page_writes=false
>
> maintenance_work_mem and checkpoint_segments were advised to be increased, which I have done, but these are just
guessvalues as I couldn't see any advise for values, other than "bigger".

> I restore like this;
>
> pg_restore -Fc -j 4 -i -O -d my_db my_db_dump.tbz
>

> Even as this, it is still slower than I would like.
>
> Can someone suggest some optimal settings (for postgresql 9) that will get this as quick as it can be?
>
> Thanks.

autovacuum = off
fsync = off
synchronous_commit = off
full_page_writes = off
bgwriter_lru_maxpages = 0

-Andy

От: Oliver Charles
Сообщение: Request for feedback on hardware for a new database server
От: "mark"
Сообщение: Re: Xeon twice the performance of opteron