Re: Table partitioning problem

От Samba GUEYE
Тема Re: Table partitioning problem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Alright thanks all of you for your answers, but i've got 3 more questions :
  1. Why "... partitionning is not a good idea ..." like you said Robert and Conor "... I grant that it would be better to never need to do that" ?
  2. Is there another way or strategy to deal with very large tables (over 100 000 000 rows per year in one table)  beyond indexing and partitionning?
  3. If you had to quantify a limit of numbers of rows per table in a single postgresql database server what would you say?
PS: i'm using postgresql since less than 2 month because i thought that partitioning was a possible solution  that doesn't offer me Apache Derby for my large table problem so if these questions sounds "dummy" for you this is a postgresql novice talking to you.

Regards