Re: Macros for time magic values

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Macros for time magic values
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 03/14/2011 09:25 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 4:22 AM, Simon Riggs<simon@2ndquadrant.com>  wrote:

>>> I think it's much clearer with the plain numbers.
>> Yeh. It's not like the values 24, 12 or 60 were going to change.
> I had the same thought.

I think the advantage is that it's much harder to mistype a symbolic
constant and not have it noticed than to mistype a number literal and
not have it noticed. It's debatable whether this advantage is worth the
loss in clarity in the case of very well known values such as seconds
per minute.

cheers

andrew