Re: BUG #5915: OldSerXidAdd inflates pg_serial too much

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: BUG #5915: OldSerXidAdd inflates pg_serial too much
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I wrote:

> I think what we're protecting against is disk I/O at COMMIT time,
> not transaction startup.

One more thought on this -- on a properly configured server, this
code should rarely be exercised unless there is a long-running READ
WRITE transaction.  The delay, if any, would be on the connection
which is committing that long running transaction.

-Kevin