Re: Mismapping of Mountain Time

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Mismapping of Mountain Time
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> It's not all that separate: per the Olsen database,
>
> Link    America/Denver        US/Mountain
> Link    America/Denver        Navajo
>
> Those are all aliases for the exact same timezone behavior, and PG
> doesn't have any good way to choose which one you think is preferred.
> It looks like it chooses the shortest name ... so in this case you'll
> get Navajo.  If you don't like that, set the timezone setting
> explicitly or via the TZ environment variable for the postmaster.

What's more my concern is that Ubuntu, Debian and Red Hat do not set
$TZ, so we'll get this kind of behavior on most Linux systems with a
default install of PostgreSQL.  Since it's confusing to users (and will
result in other such bug reports and/or complaints), it would be nice to
do something to pick time zones which is more likely to result in
unsurprising values of Show TimeZone.

(This issue was reported by a customer as a bug to us)

I'll give some thought as to how we could do so, and maybe add it to the
TODO list.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: Mismapping of Mountain Time
Сообщение: Re: Mismapping of Mountain Time