Re: Corrupted index on 9.0.3 streaming hot standby

От Jakub Ouhrabka
Тема Re: Corrupted index on 9.0.3 streaming hot standby
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Robert,

 > If there hasn't been a system crash on the standby, then it's harder
 > to explain.  It'd be interesting to compare the disk blocks in the
 > index on the standby with the disk blocks in the index on the master
 > and figure out which ones are different and in what way.  pg_filedump
 > might be useful.

I think this is the case. We can even reproduce it: take another backup
of uncorrupted master and the slave is again corrupted.

The strange thing is that this only affects streaming replication
standby, not wal files shipping standby. Maybe we're doing something
wrong...

Could the reason for the strange behaviour (see previous mail) be
something different than corrupted index?

We'll try to reproduce it in testing environment and possibly create
reproducible test case.  I'll definitely report back...

Regards,

Kuba