Re: .oO - Translation

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: .oO - Translation
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 2/28/11 1:39 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> We know from experience that this tends to not work. You'll end up
> with partial translation and out-of-date translations. We tried it,
> and failed. Then we tried the separate-site (both the french and the
> japanese, and I think also the brazilians?) and it has worked really
> well.

To be fair, I don't know that there was ever a serious effort to get the
website translated.  AFAIK, the code to do so was *always* broken.  I
think it's fairly likely that we'd get partial, out-of-date translations
anyway, but we don't actually have any history here to speak of.

Presumably when we move to Django, we can use its built-in multilingual
stuff, no?

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com