Re: Native XML

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Native XML
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 02/28/2011 10:30 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> The single most pressing problem we've got with XML right now
> is the poor state of the XPath extensions in contrib/xml2.  If we don't
> see a meaningful step forward in that area, a new implementation of the
> xml datatype isn't likely to win acceptance.

xpath_table is severely broken by design IMNSHO. We need a new design,
but I'm reluctant to work on that until someone does LATERAL, because a
replacement would be much nicer to design with it than without it.

But I don't believe replacing the underlying XML/XPath implementation
would help us fix it at all.

cheers

andreww