Re: pg_basebackup and wal streaming

От Yeb Havinga
Тема Re: pg_basebackup and wal streaming
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2011-02-20 21:37, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Magnus Hagander<magnus@hagander.net>  writes:
>> Better late than never (or?), here's the final cleanup of
>> pg_streamrecv for moving into the main distribution, per discussion
>> back in late dec or early jan. It also includes the "stream logs in
>> parallel to backup" part that was not completed on pg_basebackup.
>
> I can't wait to see the new streaming replication setup docs using that
> integrated tool.
I just did some initial playing around with this tool to start testing
the latest syncrep patch. I'm time boxed for today, but just wanted to
say: great tool.

mgrid@standby1:~/off/postgresql$ pg_basebackup -x -D /data -vP -h
192.168.73.34
xlog start point: 0/7000020
34537/18152 kb g(100%) 1/1 tablespaces
xlog end point: 0/7014740
pg_basebackup: base backup completed.
mgrid@standby1:~/off/postgresql$ pg_ctl -D /data -l logfile start
server starting
mgrid@standby1:~/off/postgresql$ psql postgres
psql (9.1devel)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# \d       List of relations Schema | Name | Type  | Owner
--------+------+-------+------- public | aap  | table | mgrid
(1 row)

regards,
Yeb Havinga