Re: Correctly producing array literals for prepared statements

От Andrew Chernow
Тема Re: Correctly producing array literals for prepared statements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Binary mode had serious limitations, such as portability.

What are the other limitations?

As far as portability is concerned, we are using it on many different
operating systems and architectures without issue.  Even our most recent
bump to 9.0.1 and 9.0.3 was flawless in regard to libpq/libpqtypes.

> We do need some support in libpq for constructing and deconstructing
> arrays (and probably for composites too, although that will be harder, I
> suspect).

[sigh...]

--
Andrew Chernow