Re: Correctly producing array literals for prepared statements

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Correctly producing array literals for prepared statements
Дата
Re: Correctly producing array literals for prepared statements  (Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 02/23/2011 10:09 AM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On 23 February 2011 04:36, Greg Stark<gsstark@mit.edu>  wrote:
>> This is only true for server encodings. In a client library I think
>> you lose on this and do have to deal with it. I'm not sure what client
>> encodings we do support that aren't ascii-supersets though, it's
>> possible none of them generate quote characters this way.
> I'm pretty sure all of the client encodings Tatsuo mentions are ASCII
> supersets. The absence of by far the most popular non-ASCII superset
> encoding, UTF-16, as a client encoding indicated that to me. It isn't
> byte oriented, and Postgres is.

They are not. It's precisely because they are not that they are not
allowed as server encodings.

cheers

andrew

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: WIP: cross column correlation ...