Re: How to extract a value from a record using attnum or attname?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: How to extract a value from a record using attnum or attname?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Why not use quote_identifier and quote_literal_cstr instead of
> this new strcpy thing?
We've got various types of software that will be parsing these
payloads, and it's a little easier to parse if the quoting is
unconditional.  If that's a barrier to acceptance we could use
the functions which quote conditionally and adjust our regular
expressions.
Probably one reason we had a bias toward quoting is that every
single application table name we use has at least on uppercase
letter and about 95% of our column names do.
> Also, you don't really need spi.h do you?
It's using these functions:
SPI_getrelname
SPI_fname
SPI_getvalue
If there's a better way to get the info, I'm game.
-Kevin

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: disposition of remaining patches
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: How to extract a value from a record using attnum or attname?