Re: How to extract a value from a record using attnum or attname?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: How to extract a value from a record using attnum or attname?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> Have you performance tested it? Scanning pg_index for index
> columns for each row strikes me as likely to be unpleasant.
I haven't, yet.  I had rather assumed that the index info for a
relation would have a high probability of being cached during
execution of an AFTER trigger for that relation, so I think we're
talking RAM access here.  It didn't seem sane to try to create an
HTAB for this and worry about invalidation of it, etc.  If there's a
faster way to get to the info without going to such extremes, I'd be
happy to hear them.  (At least I avoided building and parsing a
query to get at it.)
> Also, the error messages seem to need a bit of work (no wonder
> they seemed familiar to me :) )
[blush]  I was just trying to write code with "fits in with
surrounding code", as recommended.  You mean I should change the
function name in the message from the name of the function I copied
*from* to the name of the function I copied *to*?  Well, I *guess*
it still fits in....  ;-)
Seriously, thanks for pointing that out.  Will fix.
-Kevin