Re: Building extensions on Windows using VS2008

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Building extensions on Windows using VS2008
Дата
Re: Building extensions on Windows using VS2008  (deepak <deepak.pn@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 02/20/2011 09:38 AM, deepak wrote:

>     build.pl <http://build.pl> parses the Makefile to determine the list
>     of sources, etc. Essentially, your extension is built using the unix
>     Makefile.  Since you've already built Pg its self from sources you
>     will have used build.pl <http://build.pl> to do it (right?) and
>     it'll be easy for you to add the contrib module and re-run.
>
>     The downside of this approach is that build.pl <http://build.pl>
>     isn't a complete Makefile parser, and is easily confused by anything
>     but the most trivial Makefile syntax. I had problems when I was
>     putting the crashdump module together because build.pl
>     <http://build.pl> didn't understand ifndef .
>
>     --
>     Craig Ringer
>

> Ok, I hadn't realized that the VS build system extrapolates information
> from unix Makefiles..
>
> I briefly tried adding a new contrib module for my extension and
> re-running the VS build (src\tools\msvc\build.bat), and still get the
> same error.
> (about redefinition of errcode).  Somehow, it seems to me that there's
> an inherent incompatibility..

OK, so you're building it within the main Pg build system. Pg was
successfully compiled, including files that use elog.h . Yet your
extension doesn't compile, complaining about a macro/typedef conflict.

This makes me wonder: what's different?

Can you post the full sources of your extension, including the Makefile?

--
Craig Ringer