Re: disposition of remaining patches

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: disposition of remaining patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/18/11 3:04 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> postgresql_fdw may have to live as an external project for the 9.1
> cycle, unless it's in much better shape than you suggest above.
> I won't feel too bad about that as long as the core support exists.
> More than likely, people would want to improve it on a faster release
> cycle than the core anyway.

FDWs seem like perfect candidates for Extensions.  We'll eventually want
postgresql_fdw in core, but most FDWs will never be there.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com

Сообщение: Re: disposition of remaining patches
Сообщение: Re: disposition of remaining patches