Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 02/17/2011 11:44 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>
>> On 02/17/2011 11:22 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> psql used to use the native Windows line editing ability --- has that
>>> changed?
>>
>> When did it? Ad what "native" windows line editing ability are you
>> referring to?
> There is native Windows editing like arrows, etc and history, though the
> history is not kept between sessions.  If windows is now using readline,
> then odds are we are shipping libreadline to make that happen, and we
> are then linking using a supplied GPL library (and we don't have the
> OS-installed exception).  I hope I am wrong.

Readline has always been disabled on Windows builds AFAIK. Just look at
the buildfarm traces. Here's an example from
<http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=frogmouth&dt=2011-02-17%2015%3A30%3A03&stg=configure>
   configure: WARNING: *** Readline does not work on MinGW --- disabling

It's not used in MSVC either, IIRC.

cheers

andrew