Re: high user cpu, massive SELECTs, no io waiting problem

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: high user cpu, massive SELECTs, no io waiting problem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> I just added a sample query to provide the data we always want
> here without people having to edit their config files, by
> querying pg_settings for it, to
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Server_Configuration

Nice!  Thanks!

A few very nice things about this:

(1) You don't need rights to the postgresql.conf file; any user can
run this.

(2) You don't need to know how to strip the comments with sed or
perl or something, or go through the file with tedious manual
editing.

(3) It shows some things which aren't coming from the
postgresql.conf file which might be of interest.

In fact, I wonder whether we shouldn't leave a couple items you've
excluded, since they are sometimes germane to problems posted, like
lc_collate and TimeZone.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: high user cpu, massive SELECTs, no io waiting problem
Сообщение: Re: high user cpu, massive SELECTs, no io waiting problem