Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Cédric,

thanks for taking a step back and bringing in the bigger picture.

On 02/14/2011 11:57 AM, Cédric Villemain wrote:
> one way might be to suggest apt-preferences here, I believe.

Agreed, might be the cleanest way from a technical POV.

> Is debian.postgresql.org to host and distribute the debian packages
> (and the ubuntu's) linked with readline and openSSL something that we
> want and assume ?

Magnus confirmed on IRC, that they'd be willing to host such a repository.

> So far, it looks like. Before pushing more efforts here, I would like
> people who not agree to stand up. Other options exists like a 3rd
> party website, but this is not my favorite solution.

Well, I consider providing packages for more major versions in parallel
a good service anyway.  (So this probably deserves its own thread).

But yes, to solve the OPs issue with such a custom repository, we'd need
to be prepared to be responsible for providing a Postgres binary that
links to readline and OpenSSL at the same time.  Are we?

Regards

Markus Wanner