Re: Why we don't want hints Was: Slow count(*) again...

От Andrea Suisani
Тема Re: Why we don't want hints Was: Slow count(*) again...
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 02/11/2011 12:26 PM, Tobias Brox wrote:
> 2011/2/11 Vitalii Tymchyshyn<tivv00@gmail.com>:
>>> My idea as well, though it looks ugly and it would be a maintenance
>>> head-ache (upgrading the index as new transaction types are added
>>> would mean "costly" write locks on the table,
>>
>> Create new one concurrently.
>
> Concurrently?  Are there any ways to add large indexes without
> blocking inserts to the table for the time it takes to create the

yep, AFAIR since 8.2
see: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/sql-createindex.html#SQL-CREATEINDEX-CONCURRENTLY

[cut]

Andrea

От: Nick Lello
Сообщение: Re: Re: Indexes with condition using immutable functions applied to column not used
От: Jignesh Shah
Сообщение: Re: High load,