Re: pl/python custom exceptions for SPI

От Jan Urbański
Тема Re: pl/python custom exceptions for SPI
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/02/11 20:24, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On sön, 2011-02-06 at 20:44 +0100, Jan Urbański wrote:
>>>
>>> Updated as an incremental patch on to of the recently sent version of
>>> explicit-subxacts.
>>
>> Updated again.
>
> Why do the error messages print spiexceptions.SyntaxError instead of
> plpy.spiexceptions.SyntaxError?  Is this intentional or just the way it
> comes out of Python?

That's how traceback.format_exception() works IIRC, which is what the
Python interpreter uses and what PL/Python mimicks in PLy_traceback.

> Please add some documentation.  Not a list of all exceptions, but at
> least a paragraph that various kinds of specific exceptions may be
> generated, what package and module they are in, and how they relate.

Sure, Steve already asked for docs in another thread, and I'm writing them.

Jan

Сообщение: Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3
Сообщение: Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3