Re: Why we don't want hints Was: Slow count(*) again...

От Shaun Thomas
Тема Re: Why we don't want hints Was: Slow count(*) again...
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 02/10/2011 11:01 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> But I'm not interested in implementing Oracle-like hints just because
> Oracle has them, which I think was basically what the OP wanted.

Hilariously, I'm not so sure that's what the OP wanted. Several of us
pointed him to EnterpriseDB and their Oracle-style syntax, and the only
thing he said about that was to use it as further evidence that
PostgreSQL should implement them. I'm very tempted to say he wanted
something for free, and was angry he couldn't get it.

--
Shaun Thomas
OptionsHouse | 141 W. Jackson Blvd. | Suite 800 | Chicago IL, 60604

See  http://www.peak6.com/email_disclaimer.php
for terms and conditions related to this email

Сообщение: Re: Why we don't want hints Was: Slow count(*) again...
Сообщение: Re: Why we don't want hints Was: Slow count(*) again...