plperl.dll on windows with postgresql 9.0.3

От Robert Fitzpatrick
Тема plperl.dll on windows with postgresql 9.0.3
Дата
Re: plperl.dll on windows with postgresql 9.0.3  (Peter Geoghegan <peter.geoghegan86@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I am upgrading a Windows install from 8.2.x to 9.0.3. ActivePerl 5.8 was
already installed, but when I run the createlang command to install into
my database, I get...

could not load library “C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/lib/plperl.dll”:
The specified module could not be found. SQL state: 58P01

I see the plperl.dll in that very location in the error. I looked at the
functions of pg_catalog and the plperl functions are not there like
plpgsql call handler, etc.

I thought this was due to the older version of ActivePerl, so I
uninstall Postgres and ActivePerl, restarted, downloaded and installed
latest ActivePerl 5.12, restarted and re-installed Postgres, and
restarted yet again to still get the error. I did a search and find
perhaps 5.12 does not work (at least during beta)?

> http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/BUG-5601-cannot-create-language-plperl-td2264970.html

I am installing on Windows 2003 server. Unfortunately I never installed
Postgres on Windows prior to the pginstaller, so I'm not sure what else
needs to be done for PostgreSQL to find the module. Since I see the
module dll in the lib folder, I assume a separate package is not needed
like I am accustomed to under BSD, is that right and it should find
without further config or installs?

Thanks.
--
Robert <robert@webtent.org>