Re: SSI patch version 14

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: SSI patch version 14
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08.02.2011 10:43, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas  wrote:
>
>> Ok, committed.
>
> I see that at least three BuildFarm critters don't have UINT64_MAX
> defined.

I guess we'll have to just #define it ourselves. Or could we just pick
another magic value, do we actually rely on InvalidSerCommitSeqno being
higher than all other values anywhere?

>  Not sure why coypu is running out of connections.

Hmm, it seems to choose a smaller max_connections value now, 20 instead
of 30. Looks like our shared memory usage went up by just enough to pass
that threshold.

Looks like our shared memory footprint grew by about 2MB with default
configuration, from 37MB to 39MB. That's quite significant. Should we
dial down the default of max_predicate_locks_per_transaction? Or tweak
the sizing of the hash tables somehow?